Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Loving the Redlands Mudflats? The environmental significance of Moreton Bay, Queensland.


This week I came across this article "Why we should love the Redlands Mudflats" and thought it well worth sharing here.

I quite often go down to the Brisbane River for a walk near to the CBD at New Farm ... taking the path from the Sydney Rd Ferry terminal. Its a peaceful grassy walk and I stop to see the tiny remnant mangrove area I like to photograph... observing this small patch with wonder at what it would have been like here before the 1820's when Brisbane was settled by Europeans.

If you wish to keep up with more regular news please follow my FACEBOOK PAGE: Homage to the Seed as I post frequently, virtually everyday without fail, adding news on the project, residencies, workshops, Artowork, related issues and themes, whats happening at my Studio SeedArtLab and so on. Exposure to a wide audience through FB affords this project broader connections and dialogue ... however as this Blog started in 2010 contains a great deal of archived material I will continue to keep it going, albeit less often!














No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...